The MSR Dragonfly Portable Camping and Backpacking Stove is ideal for outdoor use and global travel. Durable and collapsible, the Dragonfly features precision-simmering performance, and is designed to burn a variety of fuels, making it easy to use just about anywhere for outdoor cooking. The stove boils one liter of water in just 3.5 minutes, and the dual-valve makes it easy to go from a simmer to a rolling boil at the twist of a knob. Suited to all kind of adventures, the tough, stable base handles pots, pans, and outdoor cookware up to 10-inches in diameter, making it ideal for group and guide service settings. The suspended burner cup promotes efficiency, and reduces heat lost to the ground for faster food prep. The MSR Dragonfly Portable Camping and Backpacking Stove is easily maintained in the field, thanks to Shaker Jet technology, which cleans the stove with just a few shakes. Stove weighs 14 ounces, measures 10.5x7x4 inches open, and collapses to 3.5×3.5×6.5 inches for convenient transport. Manufacturer’s limited 3-year warranty. Made in the USA.
The Dragonfly liquid-fuel camp stove offers precision-simmering in a chassis that’s built to handle a variety of fuels, and the frequent use dished out by rough-and-tumble backpackers. Rugged and stable, it excels in institutional and guide service settings. Its dual-valve design gives you the flame control you need for evenly heating large pots, up to nine inches maximum diameter, and heats up remarkably quickly with just the turn of a knob.
The compact stove lights quickly and easily with the strike of a match.
The package includes:
- Fuel pump
- Heat reflector
- Small-parts kit
- Stuff sack
- Fuel bottle sold separately
- Flame Control: The dual-valve design of the Dragonfly enables it to deliver precision simmer-to-boil control with a simple twist of the flame adjuster
- Extra Wide Pot Supports: Three wide pot supports hold larger MSR pots or fry pans up to nine inches in diameter for group cooking
- Multi-Fuel: Burns white gas, kerosene, unleaded auto fuel, diesel, and jet fuel
- Compact: Folds to one-third of its working size and fits in a two-liter MSR pot for easy storage
- Efficient: The suspended burner cup enables the stove to burn hot and strong while reducing heat lost to the ground
- Field Maintainable: Shaker Jet technology and smart engineering allows complete cleaning and maintenance in the field
- 14-ounce minimum weight
- One-pound, two-ounce packed weight
- Burn times with 20 ounces of fuel:
- 126 minutes with white gas
- 153 minutes with kerosene
- 136 minutes with diesel
- Boil time for one liter of fluid:
- 3.5 minutes with white gas
- 3.9 minutes with kerosene
- 3.5 minutes with diesel
- Water boiled per ounce of fuel:
- 1.6 liters with white gas
- 1.7 liters with kerosene
- 1.7 liters with diesel
- Made in Seattle, Washington
MSR products include a limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
MSR is part of a company named Cascade Designs, started by three friends and former Boeing engineers — Jim Lea, Neil Anderson, and John Burroughs — who were laid off from the aeronautics giant in 1971. Outdoor enthusiasts looking for the next great gear idea, they went on to design the world’s first self-inflating mattress, the Therm-A-Rest. Today, Cascade Designs remains a private, family-owned company that has grown to be one of the most respected outdoor manufacturers in the world.
Durable, collapsible multi-fuel stove for camping, backpacking, and global travel provides precision flame control and stability for large cookware
Boils one liter of water in just 3.5 minutes and dual-valve makes it easy to go from simmering to a rolling boil for gourmet cooking in the outdoors
Burns a variety of fuels, including white gas, kerosene, unleaded auto fuel, diesel, and jet fuel
Stable base handles pots and pans up to 10-inches in diameter; suspended burner cup increases efficiency and reduces heat lost to the ground
Stove weighs 14 ounces, measures 10.5x7x4 inches open, collapses to 3.5×3.5×6.5 inches; manufacturer’s limited 3-year warranty; made in the USA